Pages

Sunday 29 December 2013

The Moral Force Of Women- Elder D. Todd Christofferson

I came across this talk today from October General Conference just gone. I had somehow not come to read or listen to it. But today I read it, in perhaps no more fitting a situation than with my Sally asleep in my arms (my hot water bottle returned :). Feminism in the way the world portrays it is not my kinda thing. But if feminism is for the promoting of women then this talk is just the thing, and definitely my kind of thing. Sometimes being a stay at home mum you are lead to believe you aren't contributing to society- that you're lazy, you're living off benefits and have no other hobbies or career drive. This is not true- for me most definitely! I have hobbies and a degree in Criminal Justice and Criminology in which I am thoroughly interested in and could develop into a career. But for me my career drive is in my family. And that's the way I want it to be! I accept that some women differ, and in many cases society does not allow all women to be able to stay at home and the family also be provided for. So I am so very grateful to be in the position I'm in where a career outside of the home is a choice not a must. And for now my choice is to stay at home with my little lady (and dare I say it, any children that follow!).
This talk just helped to feel that what I am doing is of worth and that women as a whole have a power so many choose to diminish or hide under a bushel, following the trends and demands of the world around us! I say do what YOU want :) what makes you most happy! But never forget the power you have! Our views and way of life may seem unpopular or "ancient" but they work :D
Click below to read or listen!
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/10/the-moral-force-of-women?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment