Pages

Thursday 28 June 2012

To buy or not to buy...

I feel like I've got to that stage in pregnancy where I'm questioning myself over whether I should be buying stuff that I see for ickle pip, or whether I should wait some more... just for pregnancy's sake as what do I do once I've bought everything? Also, if I buy everything now then I'll just keep buying stuff, so maybe in some way I'm saving money, which is always good when you're FOREVER saving up for a car!

However... we have bought the big things... BUT for the money saving reason :D hehe... ma and pa bought us our pushchair from Mr. Tesco because mummy (in her supermarket awesomeness) had tons of tesco vouchers to double on baby and nursery stuff :D so we had to use them whilst they could be doubled and knock a nice bit off the price tag! Of course, once we had it we had to unpack it and try out all the add ons etc... was quite funny watching my dad and Davey Babes trying to unfold it... they should have just left it to the master childminder Shell, as we worked it out in the end :D Then they made me practice taking on and off the car seat, and moving it around hehe... it's now up in the baby room (or what will EVENTUALLY be the baby room once it's no longer the "in between" room). I did feel slightly stressed out by it, as I was a bit naf to begin with.. but as I said then, I've still got 4 months to practice :D hehe...

We also saved money by ordering our nursery furniture set from Argos. We got a BARGAIN!! One of their nursery sets (white) which I loved was £100 off in their sale.. AND... thanks to all the freebies you get when pregnant I had a £50 off nursery furniture sets at Argos! It has a cot bed, wardrobe and chest of drawers, so we're vair vair happy! We ordered it about a month ago now methinks, and it's a good job we did get it in advance as they called yesterday to say delivery would be delayed due to stock issues.. so we won't hear anymore till July 19th, so who knows when it will actually arrive! So being a bit premature is good! I'm quite excited about getting it and setting it all out :D will then be able to store away the bits and bobs we do have!

On another note I think ickle pip is going to be a shy thing (hopefully a very chubby shy thing) as they never wiggle and kick when I'm around anyone else (apart from Hubby of course), and then today they were having a big old party, so I tried to record it on my phone (as you can see my belly moving- is pretty cool really!) but every time I had my phone out (and I attempted to catch it at least 4 times) they stopped, and then once the phone was away they started going crazy again! Cheeky thing :D They must have x-ray vision in there or something!

23 weeks today! 17 weeks to go! Doesn't seem very long at all.... scary mary...
Here's a pic of bump from yesterday... I love these pics because my bump makes me look like Little Miss Slender :D lets hope my bump disappears once baby appears and I stay so :D hehe....




No comments:

Post a Comment