Pages

Monday 13 June 2011

'M' for Mondays-memories...

Sorry I've left you blogless this weekend- been rather busy! This blog is kinda a mix of 'M' for Mondays, and Sacred Sundays (which will make up for my missings of yesterday, you'll be glad to know!).

My 'M' today is for memories!!! I have some AMAZING memories- I've had pretty much the greatest life full of happiness so far, and really hope it never ends!! :D But recently I've been reminded of a very special not too distant memory, which I wish never to forget, and really has become a big building block to my testimony, of the amazing gospel, which is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints... lets go back to the Sunday before my glorious wedding day.

The next Monday I was going to be moving mine and Davey Babes stuff into our new home, with the awesome help of Donkey :) hehe... a.k.a John, as it was only me moving it! So that Sunday night I was lying in bed in the WAG house, and boy did the heavens open!! Was chucking it down with rain! Like crazy crazy rain! So I was slightly concerned that the weather would be rainy the next day, and it would be terribly difficult and miserable, trying to move the multiple car loads from house to house. So I decided to pray to my Heavenly Father. I prayed and asked fervently that He would make the weather sunny for the next day, so that moving would be stress free. And I kinda propositioned Him (in a respectful way of course) saying that if He made the weather good for the Monday, it could rain on the wedding day, and I quite literally told him the times (numbers and everything) that it could rain- the morning, before the wedding, during the wedding service, whilst at the reception, during our travel to the temple, then any time after we were finished at the temple. Then I went to sleep...

Monday came, and too did the sunshine :) :) :) for this I was trully grateful, and moved all the stuff in mega quick.. no probs!

Then the wedding day came! My ma, Rella and I awoke in the morning to grey skies and showers... they were slightly more pessimistic, saying...it will be ok etc... but I said (with slight confidence) that it was ok, it was allowed to rain for next couple of hours...
My daddy!! Can kinda see the rain in the background, on the cars etc!!
The time then came to get things properly ready and the sun came out!!! :) :) :)

We got to the chapel, and during the service, the heavens quite literally opened again- you could hear the raindrops banging on the roof! The service then ended, and it was time for pics.... sunshine again :) :) :) got some BEAUT photos!!!! For example :)...

Then off to the reception.... whilst inside the rain came out!! :) :) :) by this time I knew the day was PERFECT and that Heavenly Father had well and truly answered my prayer and soooo much more!!! Had a few more pics after the reception= sunshine :) :) :)
My favouritist little man!! Want kids just like him!!
Then as soon as we got in the beast of a BMW to travel to Chorley, out came the rain :) :) :)  (whilst Dave and I completely zonked out for an hour and a half :) meet the beast...

 We then got to the temple, and had the most beautiful sunshine and blue skies!! See....
 After our beautiful time at the temple, we were a wee bit peckish, so ma and pa took us to McD's for cheeseburgers :) And whilst we were sat in the beast in the car park the rain came tumbling down, greater than ever before!! Peeps in the car were saying this and that, and I just smiled to myself and said 'My Heavenly Father loves me'. And this I know for sure now, and forever more, especially as I keep this memory with me forever- which I think it will :D

Many people could argue that it was just chance that the rain came and went throughout the day, exactly when Heavenly Father knew it could... but I, and hopefully you, know this isn't the case, as life would be that much sader to live... The End...

1 comment:

  1. Beth I love you - this is near matching how I prayed to my Heavenly Father for my day the WHOLE week it had rained before hand. I prayed and said it can rain as much as you want through the week but PLEASEEEE let our wedding day be sunny...it was indeed a sweltering day - it was like the peak of summer. Everyone was shocked, I said it can rain such and such a time. One of my fave memroies was at the temple me and Mark just sat down and I wanted to enjoy this time together alone - we were sat near that first little pool feature and the sun was setting how beautiful it was I knew the Lord loved me so much. I was grateful...but once the day was over the rain rain rain came tumbling down...everyone laughs at me or say it was coincidence but we know better my love :D

    ReplyDelete