*quick disclaimer, if you think this is going to be some super exciting experience then you are going to be nothing but disappointed! This is my life :) and the smallest things are exciting (though this wasn't that small to me)
We went over to Nanny and Pop's this Easter weekend, and had a wonderful time hanging out with family and some super close family friends (they're basically adopted). Safe to say Sally made two new best friends, and I was very tempted to decide to adopt a 5 year girl and 3 year old boy for Sally's siblings :)
Here's a pic of our Sals hanging out with her best gal pal Bella under the table ;)
So yep, basically ate a load of chocolate and a SUPERB roast on Sunday (like the best ever!!!)
Then Sunday evening, after we put Sally to bed Dave and I left for Chesterfield... without her!!! What was I thinking???? Basically we wanted to use the whole Bank Holiday Monday to carry on really getting the house sorted ready to move (yes we are moving... but that's gonna be a whole other post!).
When we got in it suddenly dawned on me just how long I was gonna be parted from my bubba... Two nights and nearly two whole days! The longest we'd been parted before this was one night for Dave's work do in December. I literally just kept repeating out loud "I've got no Sally". Literally for that first night and pretty much the entire Monday I kept realising little things about how much Sally has changed my life... and other stuff like that...
- I had to facetime her for the first time EVER! I finally got to experience what it's like for my mum and dad just seeing her on a screen, but I have to say it reassured me even more that she is THE most gorgeous girl ever, and she just does the cutest things- including eating her dinner like a boss.
- Lie ins are nice, but you want them so much more when you've been woken by a baby than by your bladder- you get me?
- It's strange eating breakfast in front of the tv at 10am in the morning... I literally felt like I had lost a whole day in time....
- Meal times just seem too simple to fathom....
- No matter how many times your hubby tells you that Sally's not here, the baby's coos and giggles next door immediately make you think it's here.
- You can vacuum the whole house in 30mins- including going up 2 flights of stairs!
- All chores and various 'to dos' are done in a matter of minutes.
- You don't have to worry about being seen with chocolate.
- You don't get sleepy snuggles, or any other snuggles at that :(
- There's no going up to bed silent ninja style... stomp and creak the floorboards all you want.
- The house, and your heart somewhat, feels empty :(
Here's a Sally selfie for you :D