Pages

Thursday 20 March 2014

Healthy Living

Anyone that has known me for any considerable amount of time will know that when it comes to health and lifestyle I go by two theories:
-Exercise is bad for you
-I'm so happy because I eat what I want when I want

I'm taking a stand against myself... the scariest of people to face ;) my new theories are:
-A bit of exercise is good for you
-Eat what you want when you want, but food isn't the basis for ALL happiness, though it is still one of my biggest contributors.

As of the past few weeks I have started counting calories... with the help of My Fitness Pal. Now this venture I have taken upon me a couple of times before, and just got bored very quickly. But this time it seems to be sticking. Obviously I am doing it to lose weight, but to be honest that is not the biggest benefit I've found from it (it is working though as I've lost 4lbs in 2 weeks :).
Here's the good things:
  • I'm much more conscious of what foods are better for you, and what you can fill yourself up on and still have a ton of calories left
  • Because I'm counting calories I now think when I pick up a treat 'Do I really want this right now, or will I appreciate it more later'.
  • I can still eat whatever I like- so if I want to have a proper binge on 2 or 3 chocolate bars in an evening (don't tell me you've never done this) I have to do some exercise to earn them.
  • I get fuller quicker, so sometimes can't even eat the remains of a days calories in chocolate despite wanting to.
  • Drinking more water :D mother would be so proud :D
  • I can eat cake and chocolate for breakfast if I really want :) and dinner, and lunch :D
  • Salads are soooooooo tastey and awesome for lunch :)
So yep! Gotta keep motivated! I already can feel the difference in me, and in my energy levels- just feel AWESOME :) P.S EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!!

So if you've on My Fitness Pal add me :D - bethybonsslds
BBxx

No comments:

Post a Comment