Pages

Thursday 13 February 2014

Valentine's Day Naked 3 Make-Up Look


Thought I'd try something a little different today- so bear with (anyone watch Miranda ;) as pictures etc. may be a bit naff. I promise to improve :D
Just a nice pinky/neutral eye look perfect for during the day but with a change of lip can be suitable for a night time date (lucky you ;) ;)
Here goes!!!!

Base
Primed my face with my Nivea Express Hydration Primer (click here for review). Mixed a small pump each of Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Éclat Foundation in 01- BR10 (the lightest shade) and Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation in 100- Ivory (also the lightest shade) on the back of my hand. A mix of the two matches my skin perfectly and creates a good coverage without being drying. Using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush I blended it in from the centre of my face (where I need most coverage) outwards. A long lasting base :) FYI: I got the YSL one in the closing down sale of our local Co-Op department store last year for a fiver!!!!! Bargain of the decade!!!         
 
Brows
 
 
Just lightly went over my brows to just fill and neaten them. I will warn you, they are a bit pow in your face :D hehe.... but I blame that on the MUA Luxe Power Brow pencil in mid brown. Think that despite my mid brown hair I may actually be better suited to fair.... or maybe just stick with powder. Though it could just be I'm used to less defined brows! Ho hey see what you think later. I then went over them with my GOSH Defining Brow Gel to just hold the hairs in place (was in my 2013 favourites!). 
 
 
Eyes
 
Began by priming my eyes with Urban Decay Primer Potion (Original) as you don't want your eyeshadow creasing or moving on a special occasion do you :) 
This is where my photo skills are dodge....  Limit, Buzz and Factory are all a bit darker than you see here....
Used the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette for all of the eye :D It's rose hued shades are PERFECT for a Valentine's look! But any pinky shadows will do! Click the link to see a more accurate picture of the shades I used. Descriptions of each shadow are taken from the link :) that way you know it's accurate :D
To highlight the brow bone I took Strange "a pale neutral pink matte-satin", using the fluff side of my Benefit mini brush. 
Then Buzz, "a metallic rose shimmer with silver micro-glitter" all over the lid (just up to the crease) using the crease side of the Urban Decay brush that comes with the palette.
With the other end of the UD brush I took Dust, " a pale metallic pink shimmer with iridescent micro-glitter" through the inner quarter (if that) of the eye, and in the inner corner just to brighten that area.
Then Factory, "a pinky-brown satin", on the Real Techniques Shading Brush on the outer third of the lid and crease- smokes it out a bit.
I then blended it out a bit using a clean brush, the Real Techniques Duo-Fibre Eye Brush, before taking Limit, "a light dusty rose matte", through the whole crease using the Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush to bring everything together, blending a bit more too.
Using the other end of my Benefit mini brush (talent brush) I took Blackheart, " a smoky black matte with rosy red micro-sparkle" and lined my lash all along the top, smoking it out a bit at the outer edge. Also took it about half-way across my bottom lashes.
Then lined my upper and corner waterline using Avon Supershock Gel Eyeliner in Blackberry, and my bottom waterline with the Benefit Eye Bright Pencil (got it free donkies ago with a magazine!).
Then curled my lashes with my new and first pair of curlers from QVS (cost just 99p!!!), and popped on the new Maybelline Big Eyes Waterproof Mascara, which has two brushes, one for top lashes and one diddy one for bottom which I love!
Here's a close up of the result.
Face
Concealer time with my Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer (everyone loves this stuff) in shades 1 Fair and 2 Light. Use the light under the eye to cover and brighten and just round the nose if there's any redness using the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush (perfect size brush for under the eye). Then a mix of the two to cover any blemishes and leftover redness, which was actually very little thanks to the awesome foundation combo. Just use my foundation brush to blend it all in nicely :D
A quick dusting of Natural Collection Loose Powder in Cool Translucent using Real Techniques Duo-Fibre Face Brush- as I have dry skin I use very little and this brush is perfect for not picking up too much. Use it mainly round the T-Zone to dispel shine, and a bit under the eye to set the concealer.
Using the Real Techniques Blush Brush I took my bronzer the Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder under the cheekbone, across the temples and along the jawline to add a bit of colour and contour- nothing to heavy though.
Highlighted the tops of my cheekbones in a C-shape sweep up to the brow bone using the Real Techniques Duo-Fibre Contour Brush and the MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighting Powder.
Using the Blush Brush again I took Icing Sugar (shimmery baby pink) from the Sleek Pink Lemonade Blush By 3 and worked it at the apples of the cheeks along the cheekbone. 
Then a quick blend with the foundation brush to blur any harsh lines.
 
Lips
Two options for the lips. One for day and one for night :D
Day- Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm in Pink Punch. This is so nourishing and gives the perfect wash of pink over your lips- plus it smells delish! Easy to reapply on the go too, as you don't need to worry about having a mirror to do it.
Night- MUA Lipstick Shade 2. This is a gorgeous dark berry pink colour with a nice kinda shimmer. I feel like you can get a bit hit and miss with MUA lipsticks but this one's a definite hit as it's so creamy and easy to apply, and leaves a nice stain. Any deep pink will work well for night with this look.
 
And a spritz of Katy Perry's Killer Queen and.... Ta-da!
Somehow managed to make an identical expression in the second and third! Don't ask me how- do need to practice my selfies a bit more though me thinks as my heads gone a funny shape! And sort out that fringe.
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this post in some shape or form.
Happy Valentine's!
Now go stuff your face with choccies :D
BBxx





No comments:

Post a Comment