Pages

Saturday 5 March 2011

The Perfectly Picnicing Patrick Pair

So Dave and I have been married for nearly 6 months, and I have had my driving license for 29 months... yet there is no car... and there has never been any driving :(

Obviously not having a car saves us money- which as married students is a BIG YES YES.... but it most definitely has its disadvantages... one being that Dave and I are a hermit pair.... travel costs a bomb... and to be honest we do enough walking during the week to and from uni and here and there to even consider taking adventures outside on weekends- at least in these undecisive weather months!!

So last night... we were kinda bumming around, doing this and that... and decided that we wanted to do something 'adventerous' today. So I went online to look at free things to do in Leeds (told you we were poor..hehe)- and well... wasn't all that great- plus we'd have to transport ourselves to these places.. which given our laziness is a big no no... so I decided to be all creative and suggest that we have an indoor picnic :) no television allowed :)

So picnic we did :) to be honest I was rather excited about this... I LOVE PICNICS!!! And it was kinda a reminiscense of previous dates of Pippin and I- except we were privileged to be outside on those occasions. Anyways... we marched round the corner to Sainsbury's to collect our picnicy delights...and I went in my new heels :) my first EVER venture out in public.... IN HEELS :) Dave was concerned for my balance (personally I think he didn't want to look too short in public), but I returned from our expedition with both ankles and feet intact- and the pain was very much minimal :) much to my joy :) now wondering whether I'd be able to make it to uni in them... hmmmm maybe I should build up to that..... anyways.. (I like saying 'anyways') I think it's time I introduced you to these BEAUTIES!! I apologise for my not so well painted toenails and scruffy jeans- I looked much more presentable today :) prepare yourself for the big reveal..... *deep breath...*


Hmmmm.. I think I am in love... it's true that I am a bigamist when it comes to heels :)....

So we brought our scrumptious food home... and sorted out the living room, before putting out our primani picnic blanket and cushions :) I really wanted to put all the food in our picnic cool bag too, but I think Dave thought this was going too far (sadtimes).

And this was our feast :) (I'm getting the hang of this photo uploading malarky!!)



Lots of yummy grub as you can see!! By this point I could barely contain my excitement.. and started feasting away :) I made a new discovery that crackers and sour cream and chive dip is GOOOOOOOOOOOD... I also made sure to load a plate with the essentials...of which I shall explain furtherous...

Here we can see (although the pic is upside down for some reason...stupid) half a french baguette.. one tomato, a slice of ham (though in total I had 2 or 3:) and a chunk of mature chedder cheese :) yum yum... Now the aim, and necessity with regards to this plate of scrummy yumminess is to pretty much shove it all in your mouth at the same time. For you who are not so blessed with a mouth as mahoosive as mine, you may have to build up to this tremendous event over time- but let me tell you it is worth it!!! :)

After munching my way through this and other bits and pieces, Dave and I came to a realisation that we perhaps got a bit more food than required by our two stomachs...this saddened me slightly... as in my opinion there really wasn't that much food. I concluded that perhaps being outside is a necessity for having a picnic, as the fresh air expands your stomach :D you can't tell me that doesn't make sense!!! But this shall not stop us from having a Sunday afternoon picnic tomorrow... indoors :) don't want to be wasting any food now do we!!!

Oh... and before I toddle off and depart from this madness... Davey Babes and I experienced another revelation... that the butter we have, we've had since we got married- I think that makes it legendary!!! And it's still going strong!! So I thought I should dedicate a small part of my blog to it :) Ta da!!!...


All in all the picnic was a success... although the whole shabackle lasted much less than expected.... *waddles off to eat strawberries*.....

No comments:

Post a Comment